Cashew Chicken and Broccoli
posted in Main Entree
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts cubed
- 2 10 oz. bags of frozen broccoli cooked according to package directions
- 1 cup of cashews chopped
- 1 recipe of my oriental sauce ingredients as follows
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tbsp. fresh ginger grated
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 3 tbsp. coconut aminos or gluten free soy sauce
Cook the chicken over medium high heat in a skillet that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Drain the broccoli and add it to the chicken. Pour in the oriental sauce and cook for 30 more seconds. Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the cashews.
Note- You can also chop up a rotisserie chicken and skip cooking the chicken! This can also be served over riced cauliflower for an extra hearty meal without adding a lot more calories.
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir well. Store in the refrigerator for 5 days. Perfect on chicken, seafood, stir fry vegetables, and salad!