- 2 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded Gruyère cheese
- 1 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 cup brown ale (I used Newcastle)
- 4 tbsp. Port Wine Mustard Sauce
In a large bowl, toss the cheese and flour together. Heat fondue pot to manufacturer’s directions for cheese fondue. Pour beer into the fondue pot and allow it to heat before adding the cheeses. Whisk the cheeses and mustard in with the beer until all of the cheese is melted and the fondue is heated thoroughly. Serve with assorted breads, apple slices, and vegetables.