Savory Olive and Rosemary Bread Pudding featuring Lindsay Olives
posted in Side Item
- One loaf Canyon Bakehouse 7-Grain Bread
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. fresh rosemary finely chopped
- 1 cup sweet onion diced
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes in oil drained and chopped
- 1 cup black olives sliced and drained
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups plain unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp. coarse salt
- 1/2 tsp. coarse black pepper
- 8 0z. plant based cream cheese
In a small skillet, sauté the onion and rosemary in the olive oil until the onions are soft, about 5 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat.
Cut the bread into cubes and place it in a large bowl. Whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture over the bread. Stir in the onion, rosemary, sun dried tomatoes and olives.
Spray an oval casserole dish with non stick cooking spray. Pour the bread mixture into the casserole dish. Crumble the cream cheese over the top of the mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.