Stuffed French Toast with Blackberry and Rosemary topping
posted in Bread
- 4oz. Kite Hill Almond Based Cream Cheese
- Zest and juice of one lemon
- 3 tbsp. honey divided, 2 for filling and 1 for topping
- 4 slices Canyon Bakehouse Gluten Free Bread Heritage Honey White or flavor of your choice
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tbsp. Coconut oil
- 1 pint of fresh blackberries
- 2 tsp. Chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup water
To make the topping-
Combine the water and blackberries together in a saucepan and cook over high heat for 5 minutes to break the berries down. Remove it from the heat and stir in 1 tbsp. of honey.
To make the filling and toast-
In a bowl mix together the Kite Hill, lemon zest, juice, and 2 tbsp. of honey. Divide the mixture among 2 slices of bread and top with bread slices. Mix the eggs and almond milk together in a bowl. Heat the coconut oil in a cast iron skillet over medium/ high heat. Dip the filled bread in the egg mixture coating both sides. Cook the stuffed toast on both sides until golden brown. Serve topped with blackberry topping.